CCSI buy, sell, trade

Our mission is to promote crowns as a major collectible and to serve the hobbyists who collect them. This Forum will promote discussion regarding the CCSI.

CCSI buy, sell, trade

Postby Nepro » 04 Jun 2016, 01:19

Since we are now able to discuss CCSI here on this new section of the forum, I thought I'd bring this up here too. No web site has encouraged "Buy, Sell, Trade" in the hobby except CCSI. They offer an antiquated method of advertising on their site that is very impersonal. I have been trying to get the CCSI web administrators to notice and initiate a change that I think could be very invaluable to the hobby, a forum style "Buy, Sell, Trade" section. I know that other sites have been encouraging trading but CCSI has always gone the extra step to including buying and selling. If you are a member of CCSI, please voice your opinion about this subject. Please let the membership and officers know how you feel about the possibility of changing the CCSI buy, sell, trade section to a forum format. This change would not be initiated to compete with existing forums, it is only intended to enhance the CCSI experience and make the club site a little more social......

Below is a call to the club that I posted on the CCSI buy, sell, trade site...

"I would like to see the CCSI Trade, Sell and Buy section changed into a forum format. I brought this up at the CCSI members meeting at Crownvention this year. This would allow members to post pictures and have actual exchange or information right here. I feel this would bring a more social aspect to this section of the web site and it would also attract more members to use our web site. Crown collecting is a "Buy, Sell, Trade" hobby and it needs to be social. If you agree, please contact the club officers, other club board members and the web site team and voice your opinion. Thank you!"
Nepro

CCI: 108

Re: CCSI buy, sell, trade

Postby DaWeedz » 04 Jun 2016, 17:53

If I am not mistaken there should still be a forum like this @ the CCSI website - I used it back then for proof reading articles for the magazine-.
Check my collection in the CC.I Catalog
DaWeedz

CCI: 2

Postby Nepro » 06 Jun 2016, 12:51

DaWeedz wrote:If I am not mistaken there should still be a forum like this @ the CCSI website - I used it back then for proof reading articles for the magazine-.

Not that I've ever found...
Nepro

Postby DaWeedz » 06 Jun 2016, 22:53

Nepro wrote:
DaWeedz wrote:If I am not mistaken there should still be a forum like this @ the CCSI website - I used it back then for proof reading articles for the magazine-.

Not that I've ever found...

I t was the one that was setup by Gary Papas at the time. However, it was not very successful, so I used it for proofreading. The proofreaders must know.
DaWeedz

Postby Nepro » 07 Jun 2016, 11:39

Oh.. that was 15 years ago and it never took off. I am not talking about what happened in the past, I want to see it happen in the near future.
Nepro

Postby DaWeedz » 08 Jun 2016, 07:32

Nepro wrote:Oh.. that was 15 years ago and it never took off. I am not talking about what happened in the past, I want to see it happen in the near future.

I was talking about recycling old stuff for the new :) (why install something new if the old can be reused).

But the main question is, does CCSI have the IT power?, that was always a problem.
Maybe help -not in the form of an opinion or vote but in real programming/setup skills- via this forum should be solicited, I am sure there are some non CCSI member programming Geeks here who would love to help.
DaWeedz

Postby laphmo » 08 Jun 2016, 09:53

Weitz- How difficult is it to have a separate forum (like the German one for instance) that is linked to this one?
CCSI, CCI member. Co-Administrator Davide's Crown Caps Forum.
laphmo
Site Admin

Postby DaWeedz » 08 Jun 2016, 16:03

laphmo wrote:Weitz- How difficult is it to have a separate forum (like the German one for instance) that is linked to this one?

Setting up a forum @ bottlecapclub.org should not be too difficult.

https://www.sitepoint.com/build-a-phpbb-forum/
DaWeedz

Postby Davidino » 09 Jun 2016, 07:52

Why setting up another forum? We can handle a new section here if it helps.... it'd help both CCSI and CC.I
Davidino
Site Admin

CCI: 11

Return to Crowncap Collectors Society International