CCSI Election

Our mission is to promote crowns as a major collectible and to serve the hobbyists who collect them. This Forum will promote discussion regarding the CCSI.

CCSI Election

Postby laphmo » 21 Mar 2017, 01:38

Any of you who are members of CCSI will have been advised that we are currently holding an election for a new President of our club. There are two candidates for the position: Phil Pfeiffer and Joe Roberts.

Many of you will know Joe from his frequent contributions on the Forum. He is always available to help out with information regarding American crown caps and any other issues where the knowledge gained by his long association with the hobby can help. He has proved to be forward thinking and innovative in his previous positions with CCSI. He has proven leadership skills that the club is in need of at this time.

Phil is the current President of the club and long time co-organizer of our annual Crownvention.

Participation is important in the CCSI- if you are a member, please exercise your right to vote.
CCSI, CCI member. Co-Administrator Davide's Crown Caps Forum.
laphmo
Site Admin

Re: CCSI Election

Postby DaWeedz » 21 Mar 2017, 08:54

I was always an advocate to put an emphasis on the I in CCSI. I sincerely hope that CCSI will show more presence (as am organisaion, I know individual members are active here) online.
I was really surprised to see that there are now two (separate?) databases for crowns , plastic and cork. This doesn't feel logical to me, and extra filter on liner in the search would make more sense.

Anyways, if the CCSI database is to be used more it should be promoted, just like CC.I catalog is used (due to its popularity we have to up our subscription's allowed data traffic and storage use almost every year). There is a wealth of information in the CCSI Database, but I think it is very much underused.

I already voted for my CV host of 2008 :) -great memories ;) - .
Check my collection in the CC.I Catalog
DaWeedz

CCI: 2

Postby Davidino » 27 Mar 2017, 12:13

DaWeedz wrote:I was always an advocate to put an emphasis on the I in CCSI. I sincerely hope that CCSI will show more presence online.
I was really surprised to see that there are now two (separate?) databases for crowns , plastic and cork. This doesn't feel logical to me, and extra filter on liner in the search would make more sense.
Anyways, if the CCSI database is to be used more it should be promoted, just like CC.I catalog is used

I hope that too, I really liked to have a dedicated CCSI area in the forum but.... no messages, no threads.... no promotion on the magazine... I was surprised too to see a separate plastic crown database... what's its goal? Why creating more and more different catalogues when we can have only one at crowncaps.info, completely free, with more than 100.000 entries and update every day with more and more crowncaps?
Davidino
Site Admin

CCI: 11

Postby laphmo » 01 Apr 2017, 15:13

My condolences to the second place finisher.
laphmo
Site Admin

Postby Nepro » 02 Apr 2017, 03:10

laphmo wrote:My condolences to the second place finisher.

Why "condolences to the second place finisher"? It's not a loss for me... it's a loss for the club..
Nepro

CCI: 108

Postby laphmo » 02 Apr 2017, 08:51

As opposed to congratulations to the first place finisher.
laphmo
Site Admin

Postby laphmo » 03 Apr 2017, 09:12

Since the road to the top must travel up hill, staying in neutral has the same result as being in reverse. A driver-less car might work for Google, but not for an organization. Eventually, it will reach the bottom- heaven help the passengers.
laphmo
Site Admin

Postby DaWeedz » 04 Apr 2017, 15:00

I hope Phil will promote the club more online.
Check my collection in the CC.I Catalog
DaWeedz

CCI: 2

Return to Crowncap Collectors Society International